Thursday 3 March 2016

#MarchMeetTheMaker Instagram Daily Challenge with Joanne Hawker


One of the things that's made me take a bit of a personal hiatus from Facebook is just how amazing and supportive the Indie Business community is over on Instagram. I'm at home all day with my children when I'm not working and when I am working I have no colleagues. Being able to chat to like minded folk in the same boat is not only encouraging, but frankly, essential!

I was so happy when I found this list of daily photo prompts posted on a stream on Instagram - not only are the prompts very inspiring, but it's been a great way to meet new people and open up about the workings of my business and hopefully get me into a better routine of focusing my social media presence and growing my business.

It's not too late to join in - you could easily catch up as today only marks Day 4. In case you're not using Instagram, here's my first 4 days:

Day 1 - Brand
Pica Pica is the Latin word for magpie. I love magpies - and it's my job to hunt out vintage toy treasure for my customers
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/picapicavintagetoys


Day 2 - You
A rare selfie from me (I'm not much of a selfie taker) If you place an order through my eBay store, I'm the one that found the vintage toy, cleaned it, listed it, packed it and posted it. When I'm not looking after the children I'm working on my own sewing or crochet. Current guilty pleasure is Sons Of Anarchy


Day 3 - Workspace
This is one small corner of the box room at the front of our house. I have another room that stores most of my inventory. This is my space for listing and packing. I thought I could have tidied it and made it look neater, but I'm actually in the middle of a really busy period for me and this is what it actually looks like


Day 4 - Tools
Essential items for me are a mini screwdriver set. everything battery operated must be tested first. I love Bic Biros for taking notes. Cute tape measure. If you're using something everyday, may as well be cute, right?

I really hope this might have sparked your interest to play along. Find me on Instagram @pica_pica_

Take a look through other makers taking part #marchmeetthemaker

Find Joanne Hawker, the creator of this great prompt series:
@joannehawker on Instragram

No comments:

Post a Comment