Tuesday 2 February 2016

Lucky Dip Club Review - January Unboxing The Donut Dinerette Surpise Box


If you are yet to come across the delight that is Lucky Dip Club, then you're in for a real treat. Leona explains it much better than me - but essentially it's a monthly surprise box through the post full of vintage and kitsch inspired treats showcasing the best new designers and Indie business'.

There are lots of exciting changes for this year. Unfortunately the lovely twine that used to wrap around the outside has gone, but instead there are now really cute stickers to seal and decorate it. I hear that there will eventually be custom printed boxes in the future which sounds exciting. Also, the collectable charms that came in 2015's boxes are replaced with a new monthly enamel pin. Enamel pins are so popular right now, so this is a really nice addition to the box. Probably the most interesting change is the brand new exclusive Girl Planet mini magazine. All the features that used to be limited to just one fold out sheet now have space to breathe with lots of new articles and longer interviews with more pictures. If editior Zabby's colourful Instagram feed is anything to go by, I'm really interested to see each edition. Has this peaked your interest?? Thought so! Lets have a look inside this month's box.


First thing, as always is the gorgeous attention to detail. I'm a really sucker for stationary and packaging. The colour coordinated tissue paper, envelopes and paper bags all sealed with stickers are a real treat to take your time opening. This month every item has been exclusively illustrated by Mel Stringer. She's not an artist I'd come across before, but that's one of the great things about Lucky Dip Club - it's like Leona knew we'd be totally into her!

This month contains a super cute dry wipe 'Donut Forget' magnetic board and pen,  donut necklace, an art print, embroidered patch and a donut sticker set. I think my favourite items are this months pin and the launch of the Girl Planet magazine. All in all I think it's really great value for money and I love supporting such an influential indie business. Most importantly I'm at a time in my life when basically the only thing that comes through my letterbox are dreary bills, so who can say no to a monthly box of sunshine?






No comments:

Post a Comment